What is Honor in LoL?
Honor system in League Of Legends is one of the unique systems the game have implemented to make sure the players get rewarded for their positive behaviour inside & outside of League Of Legends.
It was initially designed in the old era of LoL (Season 3 – Season 7) but in the 13th patch of season 9, Riot Games announced a change to the honor system, introduced honor levels and rewards for them which we will be explaining later in the article.
Old Honor System
We weren’t sure if we should add it to the article, but we have decided to add it, so the new players understand how the old honor system worked in LoL.
The Old Honor system was basically when you finish a game and get the post game screen (Where you can see chat, add friends , etc) you had the option to honor either a teammate or opponent.
Old Honor Options
- This was supposed to be given to the friendly players (The GG honor nowadays).
- This was supposed to be given to the helpful players inside the game, (The Shotcalling honor now)
- Honorable Opponent
- This was usually given when an enemy opponent literally smurfs on you, destroys you and win the game 1v9. Or It was given ironically when an enemy opponent trolls and gives you the free win, it was a very good honor to be honest.
- When a player had a great teamwork (This was very rare to be given).
Old Honor Rewards
Also Old Honor had some meaningful rewards, the amount of honors you had from each category were displayed publicly on your profile which shows how positive of a player you are, and you were getting a custom ribbon in loading screen to show dominance especially if you were getting a lot of honorable opponents honors.
Current Honor System
Right now we are able to honor allies only, before getting into the post game lobby, and we only have 3 options which.
New Honor Options
- Stayed Cool
- Is the honor given to the Leblanc who remained calm after the 0/4 Lee Sin gave double buffs to his enemy Syndra twice.
- Great Shotcalling
- Is the honor given to the Braum who kept telling everyone what to do in the game even though most of his calls were wrong but acted like a leader, this honor is given for his effort not for his results.
- GG <3
- Usually given to the player who destroys the game and carries you hard and you just want him to feel good about himself.
Honor Levels & Progress
Honor Levels in LoL start from Honor level 0 up to Honor level 5.
When the Honor system was implemented all players started at honor level 2.
Each level in the honor system has 3 checkpoints, when you reach the third checkpoint and you deserve to progress in the honor system you rank up to the next level.
Bad Attitude (Toxicity, Trolling, Intentionally Feeding, etc) will get your honor level demoted and this has consequences, such as Removal of your Seasonal Ranked Rewards, not getting Honor Rewards, etc.
|Honor Level||Upon Leveling Up||Upon Reaching Checkpoint|
|Honor Level 0||Sorry but you don't deserve a reward, do you?||Sorry but you don't deserve a reward, do you?|
|Honor Level 1||1x Key Fragment||No Rewards here|
|Honor Level 2||1x Key Fragment||2x Key Fragments / Checkpoint|
|Honor Level 3||Level 3 Honor Capsule Which Contains : |
3x Key Fragments
-One Ward Skin
300 Or More Blue Essence
|Level 3 Orb Which Contains :
2x Key Fragments
150 Or More Blue Essence
|Honor Level 4||Level 4 Honor Capsule Which Contains : |
4x Key Fragments
630 Or More Blue Essence
|Level 4 Orb Which Contains :
2x Key Fragments
200 Or More Blue Essence
|Honor Level 5||Level 5 Honor Capsule Which Contains : |
5x Key Fragments
-One Random Emote or Ward Skin
960 Or More Blue Essence
Honor 5 token that can be redeemed for either Grey Warwick or Medieval Twitch. Or, if you already own the base skin, one of their chroma with an icon.
|Level 5 Honor Doesn't have checkpoints, but it gives you rewards as often as the checkpoints in other levels.
Level 5 Orb Which Contains :
3x Key Fragments
250 Or More Blue Essence
When do I get the Honor rewards?
Honor Rewards in LoL are usually sent to the deserving players by the end of season to make sure they stay positive all year long. and it usually resets with the new season.
Tips & Tricks to level up higher in Honor Levels and obtain more rewards
- Do not be toxic under any circumstances.
- Don’t leave many games.
- Hype your teammates after they make a good play.
- Play Normals, they’re easier to farm honors there.
- Play solo most of the time because duo honors are not counted.
- Leave kills for your teammates, they will love you for it.
- Try to shotcall when you can.
- Track the enemy jungler in the chat, your teammates will love you for it.
This was it for our article about LoL Honor Levels & Rewards, make sure to read our League Of Legends Leveling Up Rewards too, combine both to have a pretty good account very quickly.